Think spring vegetables and few come to mind ahead of asparagus. This stalky green is packed with vitamins and minerals, and gets an A+ for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Factor in its versatility and, who wouldn’t make asparagus the star of an annual spring dinner party or simple weeknight meal? Add your favorite Salt Cellar finishing salt for a gourmet touch, and sit back and wait for the compliments. We’ve provided a little inspiration here to get you started with an appetizer, a simple side dish and a quick and easy weeknight dinner idea to celebrate spring with this delicious, tasty veggie.
Appetizer: Prosciutto- Wrapped Jalapeño Pepper Sea Salt Asparagus
Bottom of Form
A spicy blend of all natural sea salt and real jalapeño peppers, our Jalapeño Sea Salt works perfectly as a dry substitute for hot sauce and delivers just the right kicked tucked inside these prosciutto-wrapped asparagus.
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
Bunch of fresh asparagus (16 spears)
16 slices Prosciutto
Salt Cellar Jalepeno Pepper Finishing Salt
Side Dish: Asian-Grilled Asparagus with Szechuan Infused Sea Salt
This citrusy, spicy sea salt is made with real Szechuan peppers, which grant a uniquely heated flavor. A commonly used flavoring in Chinese, Tibetan, Nepali, and Indian cuisines, our Szechuan Pepper Salt is perfect with turkey chili, on noodles, and with a variety of meat dishes and is the perfect pairing for our Asian-Grilled asparagus.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and coat with olive oil.
- Sprinkle asparagus with Jalapeño Pepper Finishing Salt
- Wrap one slice of prosciutto around each asparagus spear, starting at the bottom, and spiraling up to the tip. Place the wrapped spears on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove, and shake the pan back and forth to roll the spears over. Return to the oven for another 5 minutes, or until asparagus is tender, and prosciutto is crisp. Serve immediately
1 bunch of asparagus trimmed
1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
Salt Cellar Szechuan Infused Sea Salt
Weeknight Dinner: White Pizza with Asparagus and Cyprus Flake Sea Salt
Stark white and pyramid-shaped, our Cyprus Flake Salt is as stunning as it is flavorful. Perfect for use in a salt grinder - or even simply crushed with your fingers - this finishing salt pairs well with every dish needing a subtle kick. We’ve paired it with our white pizza to bring out the natural flavors in this delicious pie.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Grill asparagus on preheated grill until they turn bright green and have grill marks, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to baking dish.
- Whisk soy sauce and sesame oil together in a bowl; pour over cooked asparagus. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Szechuan Infused Sea Salt and serve
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 bunch asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- Pre-made pizza crust
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt Cellar Cyprus Flake Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 450°F with a rack in the upper third. Place a pizza stone in the oven to preheat.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ricotta and minced garlic. Set aside.
- Place the dough to the hot pizza stone. Spread the ricotta mixture over the dough, leaving a small border around the edges for the crust. Top with the shredded mozzarella and parmesan, and then lay the asparagus spears over the cheese.
- Bake the pizza until the crust is deeply brown, the asparagus is tender, and the cheese is browned and bubbly, about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Cyprus Flake Sea Salt
- Let the pizza cool slightly before slicing. Serve hot.